Occasionally, some things I cover on my personal blog get re-pinned on Pinterest! Today, I have something I put together that has been pinned quite a bit on there-Homemade Yogurt Melts!
After searching throughPinterest to find a recipe I loved, I didn’t. So I mashed up a few different ones and created this based on different suggestions. If you have the ingredients at home, RUN to your kitchen and make these. If you don’t, RUN to the store and get them. These are a great (healthy) treat for you and the littles in your house! And the best part? Much cheaper (and healthier) than the – bagged alternatives.
Homemade Yogurt Melts
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper (I used Press’N Seal)
- Favorite yogurt (or plain yogurt pureed with fresh fruit). My yogurt was 60 cents!!
- Ziploc bag (or generic equivalent)
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour yogurt into zipper bag
- Snip a tiny hole in one corner of the bag.
- Make tiny “dots” or melt-size portions.
- Freeze and enjoy!
(Keep pieces into bag and freezer when not eating)
One container of yogurt made more than 60 yogurt bites, which is more than twice what I find in the store-bought bags. Charlie loved these and scarfed them down for a morning snack. I can imagine these would also be great on a hot summer day for a quick refreshing healthy treat!
Do you have any pins that have gone “viral”?