Moms often get saddled with ruining fashion. Heck, I think you can now find the term “mom jeans” in the dictionary. We need to put a stop to this discrimination. Here are five spring trends to help you do just that:
Polka dots are in this season. Make them your own with a fun headband or scarf.
1. Go boldly into this new day. Choose bright yellow and orange. Go ahead and buy a few things in bright sherbet colors. If your closet is a sea of black and gray, pair a vivid tee or scarf with those basics. A pop of color brightens not only your wardrobe, but your spirit.
2. Become a Monet. Watercolor-like, floral-patterned dresses are all the rage this season and they look good on everyone. But the best thing about these breezy, color-laden dresses? It makes choosing shoes a whole lot easier-anything goes.
3. Get drafted. Military jackets are out in force this spring, and you can easily enlist this trend with a few boundaries. Keep yours fitted, in a basic color (either tan or Army green) and void of too many embellishments. Throw on a V-neck tee and a short casual skirt, or your favorite non-mom jeans.
4. Connect the dots. In keeping with the “fun” vibe many designers embraced this season, polka dots are popping up all over. If bold dots aren’t your thing, try a tone-on-tone polka-dotted blouse or sport a splash of spots with a dotted headband, belt or silk scarf.
5. Campground chic. This trend is simple but ultra-cool. It’s all about shades of khaki. Think white tees and tanks under a crisp tan blazer and a pair of ankle-length white or denim jeans, or a head-to-toe khaki suit with a pop of color underneath. Khaki is anything but boring this spring.