My kids are not big breakfast eaters. Sometimes they say they are not hungry or they say they want chocolate chip cookies for breakfast! I am always trying to bake healthy muffins or breads that they can wash down with their morning milk. This afternoon, I wanted to bake a healthy breakfast banana bread without butter or sugar.
My daughter is on a strawberry kick this week so I added fresh strawberries to the bread. Since we all adore chocolate (way too much) and anything with chocolate usually wins my children over, I added a half a cup of dark chocolate chips!
My son loves to mash so convincing him to pause his Sunday afternoon movie to mash was easy and my daughter used her new princess dolls to help stir the batter. Together we created breakfast for tomorrow for them and dessert for my husband and I tonight while they were in bed!
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- 2 large ripe bananas- mashed
- ¾ cup vanilla almond milk (you can also use soy milk)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 5 big strawberries- chopped
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients.
3. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
4. Bake 50 minutes or until bread is golden brown around the edges or use the fork test.