Slime has been all the rage, even causing a shortage of Elmer’s glue and doubling glue sales across the country! Now that the shelves are restocked, try this simple recipe and incorporate sea creatures or fish for some end-of-summer fun.
These sea slime bags are great for party favors or backyard barbecues.
Borax or liquid starch
Clear treat bags
Twine or ribbon
Plastic fish or sea creatures
- If using Borax, mix 1 cup of water with 4 ounces of Elmer’s glue. We used the blue glitter glue, but if using clear or white glue, feel free to add blue food coloring or glitter. Briskly mix the water and glue together. In another bowl, mix 2 teaspoons of Borax with 1/3 cup of warm water and mix until dissolved.
- Pour the Borax mixture into the glue mixture and stir until the slime comes together. (Make sure to be careful because Borax can be harmful if swallowed.)
- If using liquid starch, mix ¼ cup of water with 6 ounces of glue. Stir briskly to incorporate the water into the glue. Add ½ cup liquid starch to the mixture and again stir well to incorporate. The slime may need five minutes to allow some of the water to absorb.
- Knead the slime with your hands until it’s bouncy and stretchy.
- Place the slime ball into a treat bag. Add plastic sea creatures. Tie the bag up with ribbon or twine.