To get in the spirit for Valentine’s Day, spend a winter afternoon with your kiddos creating tissue paper heart wreaths. With supplies you likely have at home, each heart will be unique and bursting with love!
- Tissue paper (pinks, red, white, purples, etc.)
- Cardstock paper
- Ribbon, optional
- Fold your piece of cardstock in half horizontally. Draw half of a large heart. Then draw another half heart inside the larger heart. Try to make it about 1 to 1 ½ inches in thickness. Cut out the heart.
- Cut the tissue paper into 1 ½-inch square or rectangle shapes.
- Wrap a piece of the cut tissue paper around a pencil eraser and dip it into glue. Then stick it to the heart cardstock. Repeat with varying colors of cut tissue paper until the heart is covered.
- Allow to dry, then display around the house. Punch a hole near the top for the ribbon to hang if desired.