My son recently went fishing (We were very lucky to escape this winter!) and now all he wants to do is catch and eat fish. Perfect! I have an easy and delicious shrimp taco recipe to share!
My son, the fisherman, went to work defrosting the shrimp in the sink, pulling off the tails, and helping stir the sauce. Everyone built his or her own tacos to perfection. The only unfortunate thing about this recipe is that we ate all the shrimp and wanted more!
Simple Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined and peeled (if frozen, defrost by running cold water over shrimp for 10 minutes) *
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 lemon, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (if you prefer spicy use 1 tsp.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 8 corn tortillas, microwave for 30 seconds (layering tortilla, then paper towel, tortilla, paper towel…)
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
In a bowl, salt and pepper the raw shrimp.
Pour on olive oil, garlic, paprika, most of the lemon juice (save a squeeze for the sauce), and red pepper flakes. Blend with a spoon. Marinate shrimp 15 minutes while prepping the sauce and toppings.
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, hot sauce, and lemon juice.
Slice lettuce, tomatoes, and avocadoes.
In a sauté pan, spray cooking spray and put on medium high heat. Add marinated shrimp and cook 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn opaque. (Using tongs makes flipping the shrimp easy.)
Build your tacos with your family’s favorite toppings. Any fruit salsa taste delish with these!
* I bought my frozen shrimp from Target’s Archer Farms and they were AMAZING! I am not affiliated with Target (wish I was), but I LOVE this store! You can buy diapers, socks, garbage bags, a new cute shirt, all these ingredients, and the parking is free!