These sailboats are easy to make and will keep the kids entertained in the tub.
We usually think of sponges for kitchen jobs like washing dishes or wiping down counters. But sponges also can be the inspiration for some fun crafts to make bathtime a little bit more creative. Next time you are at the grocery store, stock up on a few extra packages of sponges and create your own “bath toys.”
This projects will cost you next to nothing and your kids will love the new additions to their bath routine. As with all bath toys, be sure to squeeze out excess water and set these items aside to dry to prevent mildew growth.
We keep these toys near the bath and the kids have been sailing their boats all over the harbor.
- Begin by cutting a small slit near the top of your sponge.
- Cut a triangle shape for a mast out of your craft foamsheet.
- Add two slits into the foam so that the straw can be insertedas a “mast.”
- Place the foam triangle onto the straw and trim any excessstraw if necessary.
- Secure the straw into the slit in the sponge and prepare foryour first bathtime regatta!
- 4.7 x 3 x .6-inch sponges
- Craft foam sheets