To most moms, just taking a long shower alone is a luxury not afforded. To take a shower, get a massage and even spend the time to get your hair highlighted? That’s a fantasy. But there are places in Chicago where you can do all that-while your children are playing happily. It’s a dream come true.
It is possible for Chicago moms to take a shower, get a massage and even spend the time getting their hair highlighted while their children are playing happily.
- Spa: Get a deep tissue massage, a tan, a wax and a hot showerhere to come out looking and feeling like a new person. Bonus: Ifyou book a spa service here, they’ll let you work out for free thatday.
- Childcare: $7 for two hours. Children must be at least 3 monthsold. There are games, toys, a TV and a babysitter.
- Details: They have seven locations throughout Chicago and onein Oak Park.FFC.com.
- Spa: They don’t offer traditional spa services, but they have avery relaxing pool, whirlpool and sauna. With a $15 access fee, youcan use anything in the gym for the day-so try taking a yoga classpaired with a dip in the whirlpool and a long shower while yourchildren play in the Kids Club.
- Childcare: Children 3 months to 12 years are allowed to use theKids Club, which is $5 per child per two-hour visit.
- Details: There are 10 LA Fitness clubs in the Chicago area, butonly seven that have a whirlpool, sauna and indoor pool. Thoselocations are: Century City, Cumberland, East Loop, Morgan Park,River East and South Loop.LAFitness.com.
- Spa: Even if you don’t belong to this club, you can use theirspa. They have everything from manicures to facials. We’re obsessedwith the Diamond Facial ($225 for 50 minutes offered at the GoldCoast location), which will make you look the way you did beforeyou had kids-or at least take away a few wrinkles. Once you’redone, step into the locker room to use the showers and Kiehl’s lushhand cream.
- Childcare: $10 for two hours. Children must be at least 3months old.
- Details: Three of the locations have spas. The spa menu variesper gym, so contact your local Equinox for more info. 900 N.Michigan Ave., (312) 254-2500; 1750 N. Clark St., (312) 254-4000;799 Central Ave., Highland Park, (847) 681-7777.
- Spa: Get your hair cut and highlighted, or go for The QuickFix, where they’ll turn your bad hair day into a good one in 20minutes (starts at $20 for women).
- Childcare: There’s no structured supervision, but they have aplayroom in the front of the store, and kids can entertainthemselves with the board games, play table and video gamesprovided.
- Details: 109 W. Front St., Wheaton, (630)752-0380,studio-209spa.com.
- Spa: We splurged a little here, but Mathews Mobile Massage isso convenient that we couldn’t leave it off the list. The massage($70 for Swedish massage or $150 for a couple’s massage) comes toyou. The massage therapist brings his own massage table and evenprovides the music.
- Childcare: If you do this, we recommend waiting till night sothe children are sleeping and you don’t need to hire a babysitter.Slinking off to bed minutes after the massage ended waspriceless.
- Details: Call (708) 218-6884 to schedule a massage or checkoutMathewsMobileMassage.net for more
Mathews Mobile Massage