Not sure what to make for dinner next week? With cooler temps and darker days, here is a hearty yet healthy meal the whole family will enjoy!
My kids had fun making a gigantic mess with the ingredients and then rolling the meatballs. I was thrilled they ate everything on their plate!
Easy & Healthy Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked lean ground sirloin
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated. Have extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. salt
- Whole wheat or whole grain spaghetti, cook according to package directions
- Your favorite pasta sauce
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, blend beef, breadcrumbs, cheese, egg and salt.
Roll into about 1-inch shaped meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake until cooked through, turning meatballs after 10 minutes and then continue baking for another 10 minutes or until cooked through.
While meatballs are baking, cook spaghetti according to package directions and pour pasta sauce in a pan over medium-low heat.
When meatballs are done, place meatballs in sauce and coat with sauce. Serve meatballs covered in sauce over spaghetti.
Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.