If you have a creative junior chef in the house, hand them a jar of peanut butter and see if they can win a college scholarship. Kids across the country have the chance to achieve sandwich stardom by entering the 11th Annual Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest. The winning young chef will earn a ,000 college fund.
Last year, Mallory Russell, 8, of Hilton Head, South Carolina, created her winning recipe the “P-Nutty BBQ Chicken Quesadilla,” which combined Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter with Mexican, Thai and American BBQ flavors. Here’s what you need to know to enter:
- Each original sandwich recipe submitted must contain at least two tablespoons of Jif Peanut Butter or Jif Hazelnut Spread.
- For the first time this year, entrants can incorporate Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread and Jif Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread into their recipes.
- Sandwiches will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, taste, visual appeal and ease of preparation.
- Entries must be submitted online by 11:59 a.m. on Oct. 11, 2012. Parents can help their children submit their recipe online at http://www.jif.com by completing the contest entry form.
- Ten semi-finalists will be chosen in November 2012 and will participate in a nationwide online vote beginning January 2012. Five finalists will then be determined to attend an event in New York City, where the contest grand prize winner will be announced.