Bring some autumn color to your refrigerator with this paper bag owl. Using a classic brown bag and a few supplies from the craft store, you’ll have a hoot!
- Making the face: The bottom of the paper bag, folded flat, willserve as your puppet’s face. Cut out a black construction papertriangle whose base is as wide as the paper bag and glue itupside-down to the bottom of the bag. Cut a smaller yellow trianglefor the beak and attach it. Glue on the buttons or googlyeyes.
- Glue the leaves you collected for puppet’s “wings.”
- Cut an oval of brown felt and glue on the bag for a furrytummy.
- Twine three orange pipe cleaners together to form each foot,then staple to the top the bag.
- brown paper bags
- googly eyes (can substitute buttons)
- orange pipe cleaners (the thicker, the better)
- construction paper (black and yellow)
- brown felt
- autumn leaves