Create a simple taffy apple craft that you and your child can enjoy all season long.
- Make a small cut with a sharp knife in the top of each redStyrofoam apple, next to the stem, and push a lollipop stick intoeach hole. Mix brown tempera paint with white glue to make thetaffy. Use about equal portions of the paint and glue. Paint thebottom half of each apple with the paint and glue mixture.
- While the paint/glue mixture is still wet, roll the paintedapple on a paper plate filled with chopped nuts. If you haveallergies, you can easily omit this step and create taffy applesthat are safe for those with nut allergies. While the paint/gluemixture is still wet, place each apple into a muffin paper.
- You and your family can make a bunch of apples to display forfall or save them to give away as holiday ornaments for family andfriends.
- Small Styrofoam apples,about 2 incheshigh(available at craft stores)
- 4-inch lollipop sticks
- Small sharp knife
- Brown tempera paint
- White glue
- Small chopped nuts (optional)
- Paper plate
- Muffin papers