What’s that you say? You’re not sure what to make for dinner? Well, how’s this for an easy answer: Thursday, July 29 is National Lasagna Day, so celebrate with a meal full of cheesy, gooey, drippy goodness.Check out this pair of recipes, courtesy of Del Monte foods, and celebrate in “good taste!”
Easy Spinach Lasagna
Yes, Chicago is in the middle of an ungodly heat wave and cranking up the oven sure won’t help, but with this recipe for a simple spinach lasagna, who can resist?
- 9lasagna noodles (2-inch)
- 1 lb. leanground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each)DEL MONTE®Diced Tomatoeswith Basil, Garlic& Oregano
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) DEL MONTETomato Sauce
- 2 cans (13-1/2 oz. each) DEL MONTE Whole Leaf Spinach
- 1 pkg. (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 oz.)shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Cook meat with undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce in skillet over medium-high heat, 7 minutes.
- Drain spinach well, squeezing out excess liquid; chop and blend with ricotta cheese.
- Layer 3 noodles, 1/3 spinach mixture, 1/3 tomato mixture, and 1/3 cheese in 9×12-inch baking dish. Repeat twice.
- Bake at 350°F, 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with slicedgreen onionsand serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Mixed Fruit “Lasagna”
And for dessert, try this refreshing, seasonal twist on the night’s main course. No cooking required!
- 1 pkg (3.5oz) Instant vanilla pudding& pie filling
- 1 cup whipped dessert topping
- 2 cans (15-1/4 oz. each) DEL MONTE®Fruit Cocktail, ,drained
- 4 oz granola
- ½ cup raspberry orstrawberry jam
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Fold dessert topping into pudding.
- Layer fruit, pudding mixture, granola and jam in tall glass.
- Repeat layers.