Here is a fun twist on your usual PB & J sandwich: Turn it into a muffin with nutritious ingredients! I used whole wheat flour, a touch of ground flaxseeds for omega-3s and vanilla Greek yogurt for protein and sweetness.
Both my kids helped prepare these easy muffins. They mixed, measured, and carefully concentrated on adding the jelly to the middle. They turned out delicious for breakfast and an afternoon healthy snack.
Get messy! Have fun! And eat healthy!
Skinny PB & Jelly Muffins
Yields 12 muffins
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- ¾ cup fat free milk or almond milk
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup your favorite jelly (My daughter picked raspberry.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and sugar.
3. Add in milk, PB, yogurt, and eggs until smooth.
4. Fill muffin cups half full with batter and then add 1 tsp. jelly.
5. Fill rest of muffin cup with remaining batter.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
7. Let muffins cool before enjoying.