Whether you are looking for a Mother’s Day project for all the mamas in your life or just a great craft, these mugs are a must. Make your own monogram, name or design for a keepsake that will last use after use.
Oil-based paint pens
- Select a plain white mug for your creation. They are available for cheap at craft or dollar stores.
- Use scrapbook stickers to create your monogram or name on the mug. Make sure the sticker is firmly applied to the mug.
- Use oil-based paint pens—medium tip or larger work best—to dot all around the scrapbook stickers. (Sharpie makes a brand of these, just make sure they are the oil-based ones.) Fill in the entire area around the stickers and add a second or third color as desired. If you make a mistake, use rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip to correct.
- Once the paint is completely dried on the mugs, carefully remove the scrapbook stickers to reveal your final design.
- Do not preheat oven. Just turn oven on to 350 degrees and immediately put painted mugs into the oven. (Preheating can cause mugs to break because of the dramatic temperature change.) Set timer for 30 minutes and then turn the oven off. Leave mugs in the oven until both the mugs and oven return to room temperature.
- Enjoy mugs with your favorite beverage and feel safe cleaning them in the dishwasher because the design will remain!