Super heroes are the stuff of legend. So are moms. Their crime-fighting, peace-keeping, home-cooking, power-jobbing, do-gooding ways deserve a little recognition, at least for one whole designated day each year.
Read on for a streamlined list of pretties and practicals ranging from cheap to steep and campy to fancy that will go great with those hand-drawn kiddie-made cards mom loves.
- Disney Living is celebrating moms with a month-long Mother’s May Sweepstakes. Every day in May, fans can enter to win Disney’s daily sweepstakes prizes including Disney Store gift cards, gift baskets, iPhone accessories, fashionable designer handbags, jewelry and more. Find links to the daily sweepstakes entry forms and official rules at www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving
- Give mom an easier way to share the cuteness that is her kids with friends and family with the Sony Bloggie Touch. Not only does it capture full HD video and 12.8-megapixel still shots at a moment’s notice, but its easy-to-use design means a single record button and a large touch screen for showcasing shots. Everything is stored on built-in memory, and memories can be easily uploaded favorite social networking sites like Youtube and Facebook.
- Clark & Mayfield came up with a decidedly non-briefcasey laptop case/diaper bag hybrid to handle toting 17″ laptops with stylish ease. Designed to haul toys, lunch, files, gym shoes and more, each is crafted from vintage leather with a durable nylon lining, fully zippered top, front purse pocket for personal items, well-padded centrally located laptop sleeve, strap on the back to slide over rolling luggage, and feet on the bottom to protect, well, everything!
- JJ Cole Collections might specialize in shearling buntings to keep babies snug, but their new diaper “Swag Bag” might just eclipse it. The chic, hobo-style diaper bag features a body made of rich patterned fabric complemented by a soft, animal-friendly faux leather top. The roomy interior includes multiple organizational compartments while the exterior offers easily-accessible open and zippered pockets. It’s PVC and phthalate free, and includes stroller attachments, a coordinating changing pad and wallet, and an adjustable stroller strap.
- Kokopax created a fun and funky new diaper tote that mom will want to use on her own, not just with baby. Made from 100% cotton canvas with a custom designed water-resistant lining, durable webbing and leather accents, the tote’s magnetic closure offers added convenience and makes it a one-hand wonder. A zippered pocket, three extra-deep pockets and a beverage compartment make this it exceptionally functional, and it’s available in eight custom fabrics to boot.
- Not every cool gal is a mom. Celebrate aunties, great aunts, godmothers and all those women who love other folks’ kids with the mother of all fAUNTastic guides from the Savvy Auntie herself, Melanie Notkin.
- Take a stroll down memory lane with a memory blanket from Willow Creek Studio. The mom-owned and operated company makes memory blankets from pieces of clothing (think cherished onesies, tiny tees, etc.) that can preserve those memories in huggable form. It only takes 16 pieces of baby clothing to make a baby memory blanket and 36 pieces of adult clothing for a 48″ blanket – to cover mom while she enjoys her breakfast in bed perhaps? Ahem.
- For Multiples Maternity lets blooming mothers shine with designs created specifically for those expecting twins, triplets or more. Starting with breathable, stretchy Venecia fabric, each 3/4 sleeve length top grows with mom’s bump, ensuring no ride ups, and taking her from the early days of pregnancy through delivery day.
- Moms are good at a lot of things, but taking time for themselves isn’t usually one of them. Give her a chance to channel her effortlessly elegant self with styles from Fresh Produce. Each USA-created piece is made to bring the emotions, colors, sensations and leisure of beach life to everyday life regardless of where you call home.
One randomly selected winner will win 1 gorgeous Fresh Produce Malibu Maxi Dress (an value) in their choice of color and size (depending on availability).
MANDATORY TO ENTER: Leave a comment below telling me why this prize would make your Mother’s Day.
FOR THREE EXTRA ENTRIES (to count AFTER a mandatory comment has been left below):
- Tweet @mariapilarclark on Twitter: I heart Cosmotot and would love to win the @freshproducenow Giveaway! http://bit.ly/cosmotot
- Like AND leave a comment on Cosmotot/Pilar Clark’s Facebook page: I heart Cosmotot and would love to win the @freshproducenow Giveaway! http://bit.ly/cosmotot
- Like AND leave a comment on the Chicago Parent Facebook page: I heart Cosmotot and would love to win the @freshproducenow Giveaway! http://bit.ly/cosmotot
The giveaway ends on Saturday, May 7 at midnight CST.
ONE winner will be selected using random.org and will be announced on Sunday, May 8 in this comment thread AND on Cosmotot/Pilar Clark’s Facebook page.
Contact information + size and color choice will be needed ASAP (within 2 days) once the winner is announced or an alternate winner will be chosen.
You must be a U.S. resident in order to participate.