When I think of Memorial Day, I think of BBQs with lots of meats and sweets. One of my favorite desserts is a Rice Krispie Treat. They are so easy to make, and who doesn’t love them?!
As always, I gave the old recipe a healthy twist and found Nature’s Path Crispy Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice Cereal (at Whole Foods) to use instead of the cute bakers on the box kind and swapped out butter for coconut oil.
A favorite BBQ dessert becomes a healthy gluten-free whole grain sweet treat! I can’t wait to make these with my kids this weekend!
Happy Memorial Day!
Gluten-Free Brown Rice Crispy Treats
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 10-ounce package marshmallows
- 6 cups Crispy Rice Brown Rice Cereal
1. In large pot, melt coconut oil over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal to pot and stir until well coated.
3. In a 13 x 9 pan, coated with baking spray, pour in crispy rice mixture. Using wax or parchment paper, cover top of mixture, and press to even out. Allow time to cool. I put in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours.
4. Once cooled, cut into squares or make fun shapes with your family!