Turn the leaves in your yard into an eye-catching work of art.
- Collect fresh leaves and two nicely shaped branches, each abouttwo feet long.Place the leaves between two pieces of paperinside of a heavy book and let them dry for three days.
- If you want your mobile to last longer than a few days, you maywant to apply an acrylic spray to preserve the leaves (this is alsoan adults-only job).Let the application dry completely beforeattaching the leaves.Another option is to iron leaves betweenwax paper (see instructions above) and trim the wax paper aroundthe shape of the leaf.
- Once you have your leaves assembled and ready for hanging, usea hole punch to carefully make a hole in each leaf.
- Secure the two branches together with some string, making surethat they are balanced.
- Hang the leaves from the branches of the mobile with pieces ofstring. Use another piece of string to hang the mobile from a hookto showcase your creation.
- Two tree branches
- hole punch
- Optional: acrylic spray, iron, wax paper, kitchen towel.