Whether you are looking for a craft for Easter, spring, Earth Day or just a rainy afternoon, these little egg carton chicks are the perfect go-to. With materials you likely have sitting around the house, bring these spring chicks to life while reusing something old to make something new.
- Empty egg carton
- Acrylic paint
- Construction paper
- Feathers (optional)
- Find an empty egg carton—either cardboard or plastic cartons will work. Cut apart two egg holders from the carton.
- Trim off any extra edges so they will fit with one on top of the other. Glue the two pieces together.
- Once the glue is dried, use acrylic paint to paint the entire body of the chick. Let dry.
- With construction paper, cut a diamond shape and bend in half. Attach with glue to create a beak. Use a black Sharpie, paint or even googly eyes to make two eyes on the chick.
- If desired, add a feather on top.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.