Every beginning bird watcher needs two things: binoculars and a field guide. Invest in a child-size set of binoculars for older children, while younger bird watchers will be content to make their own “binoculars.”
- Paint the toilet paper rolls and wooden beads the color of yourchoice.Let dry completely.
- Glue the wooden beads between the two rolls.
- Punch a hole at the outer edge of each roll. Attach cord,string or ribbon through the holes to make a strap.
- Head outside with your “binoculars” and see what you cansee!
- Two empty toilet paper rolls(or a paper towel roll cut inhalf)
- Two wooden beads (about 1 inchin diameter)
- Poster paint (in the color of your choice)
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
- Cord, ribbon or string
- Hole punch