The easiest way to make traveling with kids affordable is to do the free stuff. Or at least stuff that’s free for kids.
So the new family vacation promotion from San Diego is worth noting. The city has a number of free-for-kids attractions during the month of October:
- San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- SeaWorld offers children 3 to 9 years of age free admission with one full-paid adult ticket, and free participation in SeaWorld’ Dolphin Encounter for children 10-12 with one paid adult participation
- Amtrak rides for children 2 to 15 years of age, with service from San Diego to San Luis Obispo with several stops in between
- Flagship Cruises & Events’ 1- and 2- hour harbor tours along San Diego Bay
- Newport Landing Whale Watching is offering a 2.5-hour tour free for kids under 17 with one paid adult admission
- Surf Diva Surf School is offering one free lesson to kids age 5-12 with the purchase of one paid adult lesson
- More than 30 museums are offering free admission to kids 12 and under throughout October
Details regarding the above and further freebies may be viewed at SanDiego.org, the Official Travel Resource for the San Diego Region. Or check this listing of 25 free things to do with your family in San Diego.