My kids begged for pancakes the other morning, but I wanted to add a little culture to their breakfast. My husband and I had been daydreaming about strolling through the streets of Paris the night before, and I had crepes on my mind.
This crepe recipe is super easy, quick and ridiculously delicious! My kiddos had fun whisking the ingredients, and each took turns, which was a pleasant morning surprise! They were entertained by watching me attempt to flip the crepe.
We discussed the City of Lights and that people who live in Paris speak French and eat lots of cheese, croissants, and crepes. We showed my son on his globe how he would have to cross the Atlantic Ocean to get here. The whole time I was teaching my son some of my favorite things about Paris, my husband was on the computer looking up flights. It is always fun to daydream.
Easy Banana Nutella Crepe Recipe
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup water
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter- softened or microwave for 30 seconds
- Cooking spray
- Nutella- desired amount to cover your crepe
- 1 banana thinly sliced
- Whisk flour, eggs, milk, water, salt, and butter until smooth.
- Heat pan on medium high, spray, and pour in a third of batter. (Batter produces about three crepes.)
- Lift up pan and spread batter as flat as you can by tilting pan right and left.
- After 2 minutes, check the under side of crepe before flipping with a spatula. Be careful flipping the crepe as it is more delicate than a pancake.
- Once crepe is flipped, onto half of the crepe, spread Nutella and add sliced banana. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- First fold crepe in half and then roll it. I could not wrap my crepe as easily as they do in Paris. My first crepe appeared more like a quesadilla.
- By my second crepe, I figured out the roll. My kids LOVED eating breakfast with their hands!