We have to thank TikTok for helping us find a new appreciation for our food. After hot chocolate bombs and charcuterie boards, TikTok users are now showing us a new way to fill our hot sandwich wraps.
With more than 2 billion views on TikTok, the #TortillaTrend “hack” is simple. Cut a slit to the middle of the tortilla, divide your wrap ingredients into quarters and then fold each layer over.
To cook, warm each side on a pan for a few minutes. Once done, you can enjoy all your yummy ingredients in one glorious bite!
@alphafoodieNine countries nine ways ? #tortillatrend #tortilla♬ Home – Edith Whiskers
This latest food trend will make a great quarantine activity to try with your kids. Experiment with your family’s favorite foods and try some of our TikTok tortilla wraps suggestions below. (No exact measurements needed, go with your heart’s desire.) Get creative and have fun!
- Ingredients: Lettuce, tomato, turkey slices, sliced mozzarella cheese
Your kids will love to see their favorite deli sandwiches transformed into a hot wrap. We picked a classic turkey, but you can add any meat for this one.
- Ingredients: Nutella, strawberries, bananas, peanut butter
A tortilla is a great crepe substitute to whip up a quick, sweet snack. Then, don’t forget to top the wrap with whipped cream.
- Ingredients: Grilled chicken (sliced and topped with Caesar dressing), sliced tomatoes, romaine lettuce and shredded Parmesan cheese
Take some leftover chicken from the night before and wrap it up with some classic Caesar salad ingredients.
- Ingredients: Bacon, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese and sliced avocados
Your favorite breakfast foods are wrapped into layers to bring you the perfect morning bite. Put a dash of hot sauce on the scrambled eggs if your family doesn’t mind some heat.
Hummus + Veggies
- Ingredients: Hummus, carrots, spinach leaves, provolone cheese
Kids won’t even notice that they’re eating veggies when you wrap everything up with hummus and cheese.
- Ingredients: Chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, small graham crackers and candy bits
Pick out your child’s favorite candy bars and have them break them up to add to the fourth quarter of this s’mores tortilla wrap.
- Ingredients: Tuna, mayo, Swiss cheese, lettuce
The classic tuna melt won’t disappoint your taste buds. Season up with your tuna with salt, pepper and a bit of mustard.
- Ingredients: Ground beef with taco seasoning, Mexican cheese, lettuce/tomatoes mix and guacamole
We can all agreed that this trend is basically quesadillas, right? Well, make taco night more interesting by having the family try to make them TikTok style.
- Ingredients: Pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and more shredded cheese
Don’t hold back on the cheese! Kids can swap out the pepperoni with another topping — maybe pineapple and ham?
- Ingredients: Bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, American cheese
You can enjoy your BLT as a melty wrap by adding that fourth cheesy ingredient. How can we say no to more cheese?
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.