It’s crazy to think that the TV show Friends premiered 26 years ago and what’s even crazier is that in 2020, a new generation is still binge-watching the ’90s sitcom. Friends fans of all ages are in for a treat, then.
The Friends Experience: The One in Chicago brings the iconic TV show to life with a new interactive pop-up on the Magnificent Mile. Running Oct. 1-Jan. 3, the temporary exhibit showcases 12 detailed rooms packed with activations and other fun Friends tidbits.
Compared to previous pop-ups in New York and Boston, “The One in Chicago” aims to be bigger and better with the following features:
- Step into re-created sets from the long-running series including Monica and Rachel’s apartment, Central Perk, the “Pivot!” scene and more.
- Take a photo at the life-size art installation of Central Perk made entirely out of plastic construction blocks.
- Test out your Friends knowledge on a screen that looks like Ross’ trivia game board in the show.
- See all the relationships of each character throughout the 10 seasons on a public train map-themed timeline.
- Explore the show’s history with actual scripts and show costumes.
COVID-19 protocols are in place to help guests when visiting. Temperature checks will be taken, masks are required and expect ongoing cleaning of all surfaces. There are even hand-sanitizing and disinfecting wipes stations labeled as “Monica Clean.” Read more about the exhibit’s health and safety procedures.
Dedicated fans will go crazy at the retail store with T-shirts, mugs and more merchandise displayed in glass cases. Friends-themed face masks are even available for purchase.
In addition, The Friends Experience will offer complimentary tickets to youth in underserved communities. A portion of each ticket will be donated to My Block, My Hood, My City, an organization dedicated to helping underprivileged youth in Chicago.
If you go
March 17-May 30, 2021
540 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago (Near corner of Michigan & Ohio)
$35 timed tickets
Find more information at friendstheexperience.com.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.
This article also appeared in Chicago Parent’s holiday 2020 magazine.