The Pumpkin Pie Mini Indulgence at Seasons 52 is pumpkin cake, pumpkin mousse, pumpkin cake, pumpkin mousse, whipped cream and a ginger snap cookie. So many layers, but just the right amount. Their Pumpkin Pie Mini Indulgence is a secret recipe, but they’re happy to share with you how to make our ginger snap cookie.
Looking for more cookie recipes to try at home? Join our Virtual Cookie Swap!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses, unsulphured
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar in the raw
- Combine softened butter with brown and granulated sugars in electric mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy (3-4 minutes).
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla extract; mix until incorporated (1 minute).
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add butter mixture to flour and mix by hand until completely combined.
- Cover dough directly with plastic wrap and refrigerate batter for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Place sugar in the raw in a mixing bowl.
- Scoop dough into quarter sized portions using a tablespoon, and roll into balls in hands.
- Roll balls in sugar in the raw and place on paper-lined metal sheet tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes, rotating at midpoint.
- Cool to room temperature.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.