Give your leftover Halloween mini pumpkins and gourds a new purpose. These turkey pumpkins make adorable decorations or even place cards for your holiday table.
- Mini pumpkins or gourds
- Foam paper sheets (brown, yellow, red)
- Fall leaves (real or fake)
- Googly eyes
- Glue dots
- Select a mini pumpkin or gourd that has a sturdy stem because the head will attach to the stem.
- With the brown foam paper, cut out two feet and an oblong shaped head. Use the glue dots to attach the two feet to the front side of the pumpkin.
- Cut a triangle-shaped beak from the yellow foam paper. Then cut a waddle from the red foam paper.
- Put together the turkey head by using the glue dots to attach two googly eyes, the beak and waddle to the brown foam head. Then attach the finished head to the stem of the pumpkin with the glue dots.
- With either fresh or fake leaves, use the glue dots to attach three to six leaves to the back of the pumpkin to appear like feathers.
- If using as Thanksgiving place cards, write the name of your guests on the front body of the turkey pumpkin with a Sharpie.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.
This article originally appeared in the November 2018 issue of Chicago Parent. Read the rest of the issue.