The annual pumpkin festival at Didier Farms is back!
Happy Times Pumpkinfest kicks off this Saturday, Sept. 16. Families can enjoy fall activities and attractions for kids of all ages, including amusement rides, live shows and fall goodies like apple cider doughnuts and fudge.
General admission is free, which means families only have to pay for attractions, pumpkins and treats of their choosing. Spend all day getting lost in corn mazes, playing in hay and riding ponies and amusement park rides. Or, swing by to take in the fall scenery, pick out a pumpkin and take some farm-fresh goodies home.
Quick details about Happy Times Pumpkin Fest
- When: Sept. 16-Oct. 29, 2023
- Address: Didier Farms, 16678 Aptakisic Road, Lincolnshire
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday-Sunday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Closed on Tuesdays.
- Cost: Admission is free. Activities are priced separately at $4-$6.
What to do with kids at Didier Farms
- Pick out a massive pumpkin to carve, or find colorful gourds that are perfect for decorating your home for the season.
- Visit the farm store and browse a variety of jarred goods, pickles, jams and jellies, candy, doughnuts, pies and local honey. We’re excited for fall goodies like apple cider doughnuts, Oreo explosion fudge and deluxe caramel apples.
- Get lost (hopefully not literally!) in a corn maze.
- Pet and feed animals at the Animal Land Zoo.
- Slide and bike through the haybales of Pumpkin Playland.
- Ride a pony, camel or horse, or take a horse-drawn wagon ride.
Other things to do with kids in Lincolnshire
- Play at Spring Lake Park, a scenic park with a playground, fishing pond and swimming area.
- If your child loved the pony rides at Didier Farms, keep the fall fun going with horseback riding at Stable Places. The stable offers lessons, camps and even hosts birthday parties!
- Enjoy a family-friendly performance at the Marriott Theatre. Upcoming children’s theater shows include “The Snow Queen,” “Roald Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach” and “Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive the Bus! The Musical!”
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.