Mari Katsumura is the executive chef and pastry chef at Yūgen on Randolph Street near Fulton Market. She offers a tasty fusion cookie that uses matcha, a Japanese green tea powder that elevates this white chocolate chip favorite.
Looking for more cookie recipes to try at home? Join our Virtual Cookie Swap!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, tempered
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 cup matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Place tempered butter, vanilla bean paste, and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream until light and fluffy –approximately 2 minutes – with a paddle attachment.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients at once followed by chocolate chips and paddle until evenly combined, try not to over mix.
- Portion into 2 oz scoops on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Bake at 400 F for 6-9 minutes or until done.
- Cool and enjoy!
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.