Danielle Marelli, pastry chef at Travelle at the Langham, says, “I love this amaretto almond cookie because it’s such a versatile cookie! Most people have a version of this cookie in their repertoire. The infamous Russian tea cake, Mexican wedding cake or snowball cookie is a holiday favorite already so I’ve added some toasted almonds and amaretto to my recipe to elevate this classic!”
Looking for more cookie recipes to try at home? Join our Virtual Cookie Swap!
- 1 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons amaretto liqueur or extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Toast almonds at 350 F for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Cream together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, amaretto and salt until light and fluffy.
- Sift both flours together and gradually add to butter.
- Add toasted almonds and mix until just combined.
- Scoop & roll.
- Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes.
(Chef’s notes: I added dried cranberries, too! For this recipe add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries for an extra tart bite.)
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.