Does mommy need a coffee break? (the answer is always yes). When you’ve got the kids in tow, try out these child-approved secret menu items from Starbucks so you can enjoy your drink without feeling guilty that you dragged your little one into a coffee shop that holds zero interest for them. Pro tip: we’ve also included the ingredients/recipes for tall drinks in case the baristas aren’t in on the secret.
A babyccino is a cappuccino minus the espresso—in other words, frothy, bubbly steamed milk (cow, soy) in an espresso-sized cup. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. No recipe needed—this one is easy peasy!
Bubble Gum Frappuccino
One sip of this nostalgic taste and you’ll go back to the simple pleasures of childhood.
- Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino
- Replace the classic syrup with 1 pump of Raspberry syrup
Caramel Apple Spice
Let your littles enjoy the taste of fall year-round with a fancy version of apple juice.
- Boxed apple juice from the front display case, heated
- 2-4 pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup
- Top with caramel and whipped cream
Cotton Candy Frappuccino
When you put “cotton candy” in front of anything, its destined to be sweet and delicious. But this drink is also beautiful in its swirly pink presentation.
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- Add 1 pump of raspberry syrup
- Top with whipped cream
Fruity Pebbles Frappuccino
How can you not say yabba dabba doo to this?
- Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino
- 2 pumps of vanilla syrup
- 1/2 pump of raspberry syrup
- 1/2 a pump of classic syrup
- Splash of orange-mango juice
Indecisive kid? This tasty Frappuccino combines the flavors of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry all in one!
- Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
- Scoop of vanilla bean powder
- 1 pump of mocha syrup
- Top with chocolate drizzle and chocolate whipped cream
Raspberry Italian Soda
Grab a bottle of Pellegrino from the front case and ask the Barista to add 4 pumps of raspberry syrup. Opt for different flavors of syrup for tasty variations.
Whether you are a kid or fully-grown adult, you’ll appreciate the fruity refreshing taste in this mocktail.
- Blended Strawberry Lemonade (use orange mango syrup instead of strawberry)
- One pump of raspberry syrup affogato on top
Known as one of the most popular secret menu items, simplicity shines in this delicious concoction. It can be ordered at any temperature.
- Steamed milk
- 1-2 pumps of vanilla syrup
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.