These hand-stamped vases perfect for Mother’s Day will be something mom will cherish for years to come as those small hands get bigger and bigger.
- Empty glass jars, ball jars or spaghetti jars
- Acrylic paint, 2 different colors
- Fake or dried flowers
- Wash and dry the inside and outside of a glass jar of your choice. Select the size to make sure a child’s handprint will fit on the outside surface.
- Pour one color of acrylic paint inside the glass jar. Gently roll the jar around to spread out the paint. Add paint as needed and keep rolling to coat the entire inside of the jar.
- Turn upside down on paper towels or newspaper to allow the excess paint to drip out for an hour. Then turn glass jar right side up and allow to dry completely overnight.
- Select another paint color that will show up and contrast with the interior color. Use a paintbrush to paint the entire inside surface of your child’s hand.
- Carefully guide your child’s hand to stamp on the glass jar. If you make a mistake, you can quickly wash off the paint with a wet paper towel, dry the jar and try again. Allow the handprint to dry.
- Make a Happy Mother’s Day note to tie around the top of the jar. Add fake or dried flowers to the vase or use as a pencil jar. Note: These vases are not intended to hold water because the interior paint will crack.