As a mom of two little boys, our thoughts after Christmas turn to New Year’s Eve as we quickly realize the likelihood of having genuine adult plans are nil. Instead of being down and out about our non-date night, I decided to plan for a midnight countdown with our kids! (Probably with a more reasonable 8 p.m. bedtime). I’ve rounded up some cute ideas and crafts from Pinterest to get your little ones involved in ringing in the New Year.
- Try out 20 fun ideas to celebrate the New Year.
- Make some New Year’s Eve crafts.
- Bake these fun crescent dippers to ring in the New Year.
- Wrap up these countdown goodie bags.
- Recreate this magnificent cookie cake.
- Recruit the kiddos to make these easy noisemakers out of plastic cups.
- Line up these family activities to get you to “midnight”
- Have everyone fill out this Year in Review printable.
- Set up a festive tablescape.
As we move forward to the New Year, I’m always excited to have a fresh start with new ideas and making resolutions individually and as a family. How are you planning to ring in the New Year -with kids or without? Check out Chicago Parent’s boards for even more ideas!