While we anxiously wait for the warmer spring temps to arrive, spend an afternoon with the kids making these stained glass art frames to let the bright sun shine through. Smiles guaranteed.
- Glitter glue
- Paintbrushes and/or toothpicks
- Picture frames
- Suction cup hangers or hanging tabs (optional)
1. Buy cheap frames at your local dollar store. Any size or color frames will do the trick. Just make sure they have a glass panel front.
2. Remove the cardboard backing and secure the glass with the press down clips. If your glass panel doesn’t feel secure, you can use a glue gun to secure the glass to the inside of the interior of the frame.
3. Make sure the inside and outside of the glass panel is clean.
4. With the back of the frame facing you, squirt your glitter glue all over the glass panel. Use paintbrushes or toothpicks to spread the glue to cover the entire surface as desired.
5. Allow the glue on the glass to dry completely.
6. Hang your stained glass frame in a window. You can use suction cups or hanging tabs if desired to hang on windows.