Pride parades might be postponed or canceled in 2021, but Pride Month isn’t. Chicagoland businesses and institutions are offering in-person and virtual events to celebrate Pride all month long. Looking for more ways to celebrate? Check out our Pride Month family guide and find more Pride Month events listed in our calendar.
June 4, 2021
- Address: Santori Library, 101 S. River St., Aurora
- Cost: Free
Celebrate the LGBTQ+ community in Aurora with a photo exhibit from the 2020 Aurora Pride Drive, music with Maevis Jazz Trio, storytime with Miss Andrea and more.
June 6, 2021
- Address: Brewpoint Craft Elmhurst, 617 N. York Road, Elmhurst
- Cost: $25 per planter box; preregistration required
Choose from two specially designed planter boxes with a beautiful flower included — the perfect way to brighten up your home. The event is hosted by Do It Together Workshops and the Elmhurst Pride Collective.
June 26, 2021
- Address: 600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago
- Cost: Free
Families with kids of all ages can enjoy this family-friendly event that spreads pier-wide. Social distancing measures will be in place as required by CDC and state and local governments at the time.
June 26-27, 2021
- Address: Grant Park, 337 E. Monroe St., Chicago
- Cost: $75-$210; kids under 10 are free with paying adult
Expanded to two days, this fest in Grant Park celebrates gay pride and the LGBT community with national and local music acts running the gamut from EDM to hip hop/rap to 80s hits to pop. The lineup will also feature several former contestants from RuPaul’s Drag Race and cap the night off with a fireworks display to help celebrate 50th Chicago Pride Parade.
June 5, 2021
- Hosted by: Thomas Hughes Children’s Library (Harold Washington Library)
- Cost: Free, registration required by 9 a.m. June 4
Join the Thomas Hughes Children’s Library staff for a 25-minute Rainbow Story Time featuring books, finger plays, movement activities, rhymes and music to celebrate Pride Month for ages 0-5.
June 8, 2021
- Hosted by: Rogers Park Branch, Chicago Public Library
- Cost: Free, registration required at least 2 hours in advance
Join a special Pride Month virtual story time featuring leaders from the Chicago Black Drag Council, Miss Toto and Manic Maxxie.
June 16, 2021
- Hosted by: Morton Grove Library
- Cost: Free, registration required
At this Pride Month storytime, Morton Grove Library will read books and sing songs that celebrate all kinds of families.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.