Scurrying to find your last-minute gifts? If you’re headed to Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, take a little side trip to Legoland Discovery Center at The Streets of Woodfield for a little dose of holiday fun. Now through January 4, the Center is celebrating the holidays with their annual Holiday Bricktacular event.
Here are some highlights from our recent trip to Legoland’s Holiday Bricktacular:
1. The Chicago MINILAND gets extra festive with the addition of snowmen, snow and holiday-themed minifigures donning Santa hats. You’ll even spot an igloo or two!
2. The Center’s life-sized Santa and Snowman Legos were the perfect photo ops. Plus, little ones won’t be afraid of this Santa!
3. Learning about the lifecycle of a Lego brick at the short (but sweet) factory tour, where all kids are given a holiday-themed factory brick.
4. Take part in holiday-themed Creative Challenges to win a prize.
5. Learning how to make a Lego Gingerbread House in the Master Builder Academy and entering their raffle to win cool Lego prizes.
6. If you don’t have plans for celebrating the New Years, Lego also participates in a kid-friendly New Years Eve with bricktacular balloon drops.
As always, my kiddos had a great time playing at Legoland Discovery Center – holiday or not! Have a bricktastic holiday!