It’s finally that time of the year again! Set a merry mood with friends and family this holiday season by taking in the dazzling lights illuminated across Chicagoland. Whether seeing lights is a holiday tradition or creation of new memories, here are the best twinkling, multi-color attractions that’ll meet your eye.
Nov. 16, 2022-Jan. 4, 2023
- Address: 5700 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago
- Cost: Free w/museum admission; $21.95/ages 12-plus, $12.95/ages 3-11, free/2 and under | Get tickets
This Chicago tradition began in 1942 with a single tree. Now the museum features a four-story, floor-to-dome Grand Tree surrounded by more than 50 other trees and displays. Each surrounding tree is decorated to represent holiday traditions in other cultures around the world.
Nov. 18, 2022-Jan. 8, 2023
- Address: 201 E. Randolph St., Chicago
- Cost: Free
See Millennium Park’s epic Christmas tree lit up. It will remain on display until the beginning of the new year.
Nov. 19, 2022
- Address: Michigan Avenue between Wacker Drive and Oak Street, Chicago
- Cost: Free
The annual festival happens a week before Thanksgiving. Grand Marshals Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse from Walt Disney World illuminate more than one million lights on more than 200 trees along the route. Plus, enjoy numerous free family-friendly activities.
Nov. 25, 2022-Jan. 7, 2023
- Address: 600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago
- Cost: $27/adult, $17/child ages 3-12, free/2 and under | Get tickets
See Chicagoland’s largest indoor lighting experience. It features interactive light displays, birch tree maze, skating rink, visits with Santa and more.
Nov. 29, 2022
During this sensory-friendly event, all blinking or moving lights will be slowed down, remain static, or turned off. Also, the music will be turned down or off.
Nov. 11, 2022-Jan 8, 2023
- Address: 1000 Lake Cook Road, Glencoe
- Cost: $30-$32/adults, $14-$16/ages 3-12, free/2 and under | Get tickets
See thousands of twinkling lights while walking through the Winter Cathedral and a reimagined fire garden.
Nov. 19, 2022-Jan 1, 2023
- Address: 2100 N. Clark St., Chicago
- Cost: $5/Tuesdays-Sundays, free/Mondays; fees for additional encounters and activities | Get tickets
Enjoy a twinkling winter wonderland complete with festive activities, such as visits with Santa, a holiday pop-up bar, sweet treats of all kinds and more.
Nov. 18, 2022-Jan. 1, 2023
- Address: Northbrook Court, 1515 Lake Cook Road, Northbrook, and Wintrust Field, 1999 S. Springinsguth Road, Schaumburg | Get tickets
- Cost: Per vehicle: $32.99 (weekdays), $42.99 (weekends, holidays & select weekdays). Add $20 for a fast pass.
Let It Shine returns this holiday season with two locations in Illinois. Guests are invited to stay in their cars and immerse themselves in a wonderland of light displays that are synchronized to holiday classics.
Nov. 18, 2022-Jan. 1, 2023
- Address: 1060 E. Peterson Road, Grayslake
- Cost: Starting at $30 per carload of up to six people; prices vary by date | Get tickets
Enjoy more than 1,000 feet of dancing light tunnels, three larger-than-life 3D polar bears, 3D dinosaurs and hundreds of thousands of lights dancing to music for about a mile or more.
Nov. 19, 2022-Jan. 1, 2023
This drive thru holiday lights show will feature a 1.6-mile route with more than one million lights, three drive through tunnels and a 30-foot Christmas tree.
Nov. 25- Dec. 17-23, 26-29. 2022
- Address: 2100 Patriot Blvd., Glenview
- Cost: $20/non-members, $15/members, free/under 12 months | Get tickets
Kids can take control over the light display at different activity stations along the way at this holiday event.
Nov. 20, 2022-Jan. 8, 2023
- Address: 19111 Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park
- Cost: $36/ages 13-plus, $30/ages 2-12, free/under 2 (VIP tickets and family bundles are also available); $15/pre-paid parking | Get tickets
Guests of all ages can enjoy an all-immersive storybook experience highlighting its five-themed worlds of displays and activities. There will be 3D lighted decor and photo opportunities around every corner. Make sure to visit the holiday market and then stop in and grab a treat at Sparky’s Sweet Spot.
Nov. 23, 2022-Jan. 1, 2023
- Address: Impact Field, 9850 Balmoral Ave., Rosemont
- Cost: $25/ages 13-plus, $20/ages 2-12, $22/person for unlimited rides | Get tickets
Visitors can enjoy an immersive display of millions of holiday lights amongst outdoor holiday activities including free train rides, winter tubing and themed mazes. A special menu of festive food and beverage options will also be available.
Nov. 19, 2022-Jan. 7, 2023
- Address: 4100 Illinois Route 53, Lisle
- Cost: $19-$24 adults, $13-$16 kids, free/2 and under; member tickets at discounted rate; early bird specials available, too | Get tickets
Surround yourselves with color while walking on the one-mile paved pathway. Enjoy seasonal music, captivating light designs and roasting s’mores on a fire at this outdoor event.
Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2022
- Address: Downtown Naperville
- Cost: Free; donations are welcome
Put on a pair of 3D glasses and enjoy a magical holiday lights celebration, presented by Rotary Club of Naperville Sunrise. On Friday and Saturday evenings, Santa will be available to take pictures. Bach to Rock will be providing music on Dec. 17-18.
Nov. 24, 2022-Jan. 8, 2023
- Address: 1510 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook
- Cost: Free
Enjoy a half-mile walk to see the holiday lights through Central Park. See inspirational signs, colorful rainbow arches, cascading snowflakes and more.
Nov. 25-Dec. 30, 2022
- Address: 1356 N. Gary Ave., Wheaton
- Cost: Free; donations appreciated
See twinkling lights, an amazing selection of Christmas trees and wreaths and greenery at this holiday lighting event. Lights come on at 3 p.m. Also, hot chocolate and holiday gifts are available to purchase in the Wild Side Gift Shop.
Nov. 25-27, Dec. 1-4, 7-11, 14-18, 26-31, 2022
- Address: 8400 W. 31st St., Brookfield
- Cost: $24.95/ages 12-64, $17.95/ages 3-11, free/2 and under | Get tickets
Celebrating its 41st year, this annual event features more than two million twinkling LED lights. Advanced tickets required.
Dec. 4-18, 2022
- Address: 150 S. Ave., Lombard
- Cost: Free
This annual holiday lights display in Lilacia Park features tree decorations, magical light shows, a gingerbread house and more.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.