I found parenting to be just a tad easier once I developed a sense of humor about it. I figured that instead of curling up in the fetal position on my kitchen floor sobbing into a sleeve of Thin Mints, I could instead laugh at the things that frustrate me so much. There’s something therapeutic about commiserating with other parents over our struggles and it can be even more enjoyable when it’s done with laughter.
Here are 10 examples of parents expressing humor through the challenges of parenting:
4:00am this morning… 5: Dad, I love you. M: Love you too, buddy. 5: Also, I peed in my bed. M: Did you change you PJs? 5: Yeah. M: Get in
– Bizarro Mark (@Bizarro_Mark) March 4, 2014
Are my kids driving you guys crazy too?
– Rick Aaron (@RickAaron) March 6, 2014
My 4-yr-old recently told his 7-yr-old brother he didn’t have girlfriends because he didn’t have the moves like Jagger.
– Ashley Allen (@BigTopFamily) March 6, 2014
11 told me that my high-heeled boots are loud & embarrassing. This is the same boy that used to throw epic fits in Target & lick the floor.
– Shannon Howard (@shashaintl) March 4, 2014
You know what this new carpet needs? For me to open a tube of blue toothpaste, and jump up and down on it. – My 4yo. Apparently.
– Hunter Steele (@FatherWithTwins) March 5, 2014
Me: I fixed our daughter’s hair. Wife: That’s not a barrette. It’s a chip clip. Women are so picky.
– Exploding Unicorn (@XplodingUnicorn) March 5, 2014
Another snow day tomorrow so no school. Again. In unrelated news, I’m working on a recipe for Benadryl treats. Any suggestions?
– Kristi Campbell (@FindingNinee) March 4, 2014
3yo:”Did you know I’m not very good at drawing Batman?” 5yo:”Dude, everybody knows this.”
– dave (@daveheiniger) March 3, 2014
Twitter is about ignoring the 2yo playing in his water at the table so you can tweet about your 2yo playing in his water at the table.
– Meredith Ethington (@PerfectPending) March 4, 2014
On a scale of 1-10 my desire to vacuum is at put the vacuum back in the closet and ignore the crumbs.
– Outsmarted Mommy (@outsmartedmommy) March 2, 2014