School may be back in session, but the calendar officially still says summer. Before the weather changes, break out those squirt guns one more time for this fun outdoor art project.
Water squirt guns
Medicine syringe (optional)
1. Get some squirt guns; even the cheap ones from a dollar store will do the trick. Don’t worry about the paint ruining the guns if you are using more expensive squirt guns, because they can be washed out once you are done.
2. Mix 1-2 Tablespoons of tempera paint with 4-6 Tablespoons of water. Add more or less paint depending on how bold you want the colors to be. More water will lessen the colors once they are on the canvas.
3. To make it easy to get the colored paint water into the small squirt gun opening, use a medicine syringe to shoot the paint directly into the gun without making a mess.
4. Take your canvas outside. If you have an easel, use that to hang up your canvas. It’s best to do the spraying over grass or lay down a drop cloth to catch the excess paint.
5. Squirt away and create a masterpiece!