Santa Claus is coming to town and this might be the first time in two years you’re spending holiday time with your loved ones near and far.
Your family can have the holliest and jolliest Christmas in 2021 with this holiday guide here to help with craft and recipe ideas, plus activities that are back.
We’re already in December and you know what that means — it’s time to find the perfect presents for everyone on your list.
While it might be easier to click a few links on Amazon and have everything delivered to your door, the small businesses in the Chicago area need your support this year more than ever.
Here are a few lists of shops and gift guides to check out this year:
- 2021 Holiday Gift Guide: 50 Toys Under $50
- Chicago Businesses That Help Their Community
- Black-Owned Businesses for Chicago Families
Whether you eat a large dinner as a family or just want some delicious snacks to eat while opening presents, food is a big part of this holiday and these fun recipes can help you add a little flair to your menu.
- Festive Cookies to Get You into the Holiday Spirit: These six cookie recipes including Cherry Cordial cookies and Krisp Kringles are sure to please everyone on your list.
- Morning Baked Goods Ideas (Metro Parent): Make the morning opening presents a little sweeter with eggnog breakfast bread pudding, stacked cinnamon roll Christmas tree and others.
Many of the traditional holiday activities are back in Chicagoland this year and there’s plenty of things to do with your family! Here are some of our favorites:
- Magical Places to See Holiday Lights
- Holiday Events for Kids
- Where to See Santa
- Holiday Tea Experiences
- Where to See ‘The Nutcracker’
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.