Thanksgiving is about more than just the turkey, and these adorable little custom pilgrim hats give a nod to the history of the holiday. The hats can be edible treats, festive decorations or perfect name cards for your Thanksgiving kids’ table.
– Chocolate cookies (such as Nabisco Chocolate Wafers or Keebler Fudge Stripes)
– Miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
– Orange frosting
– Piping tips or Ziploc bag
1. Take out a single chocolate wafer or chocolate fudge cookie (chocolate side up). Put a small dab of orange frosting directly in the center of the cookie.
2. Keep the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in the freezer until you are ready to use them. Unwrap the miniature cup and gently press it upside down on top of the frosting on the chocolate cookie. Let each cookie sit for 5-10 minutes for the frosting to dry.
3. Next use either a small piping tip or cut the corner of a Ziploc bag filled with frosting. Slowly and carefully pipe the orange frosting around the bottom edge of the peanut butter cup.
4. Then pipe a square on the front of the cup to look like a hat with a buckle.
5. If using as place cards, pipe the name along the front brim of the cookie hat.