On February 9th, I turned 27 years old. To some of you, that might still sound young, but I’m starting to feel old. I’m definitely not a kid anymore. That sounds sort of depressing but becoming a father has changed my outlook on life and growing up. I have been compiling a list of noticeable changes in my life and I am wondering if anyone else has had any of these same experiences:
1. You get excited about the new coffee creamer you purchased.
2. Eight hours of sleep feels like an eternity.
3. Your “time to relax” is your car ride to work.
4. You think to yourself, “It’s getting late,” until you look at the time and realize it’s 8:15 p.m.
5. The baby's nap time allows you to get the dishes cleaned.
6. Spit up becomes a perfectly acceptable cologne.
7. Washing all the dirty bottles makes you tired.
8. Trying to get to bed by 10:00 p.m. always seems to turn into 1:00 a.m.
9. You get baby poop on your hands, and continue to eat dinner anyways.
10. The baby has 100 pairs of socks. You have 3.
11. You consider taking a small loan for diapers.
12. You open the cabinet to find rewashed red Solo cups next to your normal drinkware.
13. For some reason the baby crying always beats the alarm clock for waking you up in the morning.
14. There’s no time to make dessert. Throw some Oreos on a plate, top them with whipped cream. Done.
15. You have to take a miniature bathtub, out of your regular bathtub, in order to take a shower.
16. Sports cars look more dangerous than fun.
17. Paid sick days are actually “I have no babysitter” days.
18. You have accidentally used body wash as shampoo, and was too tired to care.
19. Two door coupes aren’t cool anymore; they are inconvenient.
20. You ask your employer if you can direct deposit a percentage of your paycheck traight to Babies ‘R’ Us.
21. You develop a “whatever” attitude towards just about everything.
What else is on your list?