Shedd Aquarium is bringing nature to the community with its new traveling aquarium
If you’re writing up your summer bucket list, we bet planning a museum visit in the city is on your radar. Save a few dollars and check out the dates for the following Chicago museums offering free days this summer for the entire family!
- Adler Planetarium: June 3-5, 10-13
- Chicago History Museum: July 4
- DuSable Museum of African American History: Tuesdays
- The Field Museum: June 26-28
- McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum: Sundays
- Museum of Science and Industry: June 3-5
- National Museum of Mexican Art: Daily
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum: Thursdays
- Shedd Aquarium: June 17, 18, 24, 25; Aug. 26-27
- The Art Institute of Chicago: Free for Illinois residents on Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m.
Check out our complete list of free days at all museums in and around the Chicago area. Remember: free days are for Illinois residents only. Please check each museum’s website to confirm dates and any other restrictions since free days may change.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.