The latest and greatest innovations in toys and games are coming to Chicago, even before they hit the shelves for the shopping season. At the annual Chicago Toy & Game Fair (ChiTAG), families with kids of all ages can play their hearts out and find plenty of things to do to keep everyone entertained.
Take photos with favorite Star Wars characters, check out yo-yos like those never seen before in the Yo-Yo Championships and even let the kids play while parents take some time to learn new games. Whether this is a first or 16th time, there’s something new to check out on this play-tastic weekend:
- Say hello to Santa Claus at his workshop created from Magformers.
- Who says kids are the only ones who can have fun? At the Grown-up Games Beer Garden, adults can try out the latest party games while hanging out enjoying a cold one. Those younger than 21 can also have fun in a separate section with family-friendly games that everyone can enjoy.
- Little ones can play with the newest baby toys at the Baby and Toddler PlaySpace.
- See who comes out the winner in the Killerspin Celebrity Ping Pong Tournament.
- Show off your skills at the Stratego National Championship.
- The WTTW BIG IDEA Tour will take the stage on Saturday. Using STEAM concepts (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math), a WTTW Kids Lab Guy will show you that learning can be fun.
- Moms, need an hour alone? Join the Moms TimeOut and meet some of Chicago’s favorite mom bloggers.
If you go
Nov. 17: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Nov. 18: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Navy Pier, 840 E. Grand Ave., Festival Hall A & B, Chicago
$14 ($15 at the door) adults, $7 ($8 at the door) children
This article originally appeared in the November 2018 issue of Chicago Parent. Read the rest of the issue.