On Oct. 26-31, Chicago Halloweek will offer a variety of spooktacular events with a mix of in-person and virtual options. Some of the Halloween-related events include at-home activity bags, Boo Fest at the Museum of Science & Industry and the return of the Arts in the Dark Parade.
This year, the Arts in the Halloween Parade will introduce a “backwards” event. On Oct. 31, attendees will drive along Washington Park to see stationed performances from their cars. Admission is free, but you must register in advance for one of three time slots.
Here are some other events not to miss during Chicago Halloweek:
- Oct. 26: Harrison Park’s Special Rec Online Halloween Party, Virtual
- Oct. 28: The Laboratory Collective Presents: Halloween Monster Science, Virtual
- Oct. 28: Boo Fest, Museum of Science & Industry
- Oct. 29: Spooky Storytime with American Writers Museum, Virtual
- Oct. 29-30: Sweet Home Chicago Halloween 5K, Virtual
- Oct. 30: Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum’s Supper with the Snakes, Virtual
- Oct. 30: Halloween Scavenger Hunt, Portage Park
- Oct. 30: Halloween Movie Night, Kosciuszko Park
- Oct. 31: Arts in the Dark: Halloween Parade, Washington Park
- Oct. 31: Trick or Treating the Trails, Peterson Park
- Oct. 31: Spooky Skate, Fifth Third Arena – Chicago Blackhawks Community Rink
- Oct. 31: Halloween “Candy” Parade, Englewood
Looking for more Halloween fun? Find the full line-up at chicagohalloweek.org.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.