Living in Chicago means summer days spent on the water, whether that means your toes are in the sand or your family is out on the boat from sunrise to sunset. Unfortunately we all know just how short summer feels and winter seems to last around here.
While Chicago’s harbors are empty for the season, you can still enjoy some boating fun at the 2013 Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat, Sports& RV Show, returningto McCormick Place on Jan. 9-13.
The Chicago Boat Show is more than just a place to find a great deal on a boat, though. There’s a lot of interactive fun to be had. Here’s some of what you can look forward to this year:
- The Lighthouse and Harbor Experience. A virtual exhibit where visitors can relax in the patio area, grab a bite to eat and enjoy live nautical music entertainment.
- Cleaning with Coca-Cola. Author Joey Green will be giving demonstrations on unusual uses from brand-name products. Bet you didn’t know you could clean a barbeque with Reynolds Wrap.
- Fun for kids. The kids will enjoy plenty of outdoor activities indoors at the boat show including fishing and scuba diving.
- Cruise back in time. Get an up-close look at decades of wooden boat building, from design to construction to fully-finished vessels
For more information, visit ChicagoBoatShow.com.
If you go
Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat, Sports & RV Show
- Jan. 9-13, check website for daily hours
- McCormick Place, North Building
2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago
- for adults 16 and older; children 15 and under are