For the first time ever, the beloved holiday event will now be taking place inside Wrigley Field — and you won’t want to miss the premiere attraction of the season.
Quick details about Winterland at Gallagher Way
- Address: 3635 N. Clark St., Chicago
- Best for: All ages
- Cost: $5 admission, additional fees for attractions
When you first set foot into Winterland at Gallagher Way Gate, you and your family will be greeted with breathtaking holiday scenes, perfect for photo opportunities.
Santa’s Workshop and the Christkindlmarket will return, of course. However, this year boasts a few new additions. A carousel for the kids will light up their eyes, while an après-ski style lodge (appropriately named The Lodge) with delicious beverages and cozy firepits will warm up the parents.
Once you and your family are on the field, you won’t want to miss the 12,000-square-foot ice rink, carnival games, ice bumper cars, the Wintertube ice slide, carnival rides and the Infield Express train.
If you and your group are looking to keep your gathering more intimate, Winterland also offers on-field private chalets – which can accommodate up to 20 guests. Customize your events with exclusive experiences, holiday activities, and food and beverage packages.
Winterland is currently open through Sunday, January 8, 2023. Hours are 3-9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday. Special hours include 11 a.m. 4 p.m. and 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 26-29. They are closed on Dec. 25. For additional details, learn more at Winterland FAQ.
Tips for families when visiting Winterland at Gallagher Way
- While admission to Christkindlmarket Wrigleyville and Santa’s Workshop are free, tickets are required to access the Wrigley Field portion of Winterland. Admission and attraction tickets will also be available online and on-site for purchase. Find more details on ticket prices for attractions.
- Parking is available for purchase in the Toyota Camry Lot at 1126 W. Grace St. for $10 Monday-Thursday and $15 Friday-Sunday. Limited parking is available in the Toyota Highlander Lot at 1088 W. Waveland Ave. for $30 on select days. Purchase parking in advance or on-site.
Things to do near Winterland at Gallagher Way
- Your kids will adore the play structures resembling the Willis Tower and the Hancock Building at Margaret Donahue Park, just a few blocks from Wrigley Field. And what would this Chicago-centric park be without its impressive turf, complete with the Cubs logo?
- Get ready for cats and lots of them at The Catcade, an arcade-themed cat rescue and lounge. Guests can pay $17 to play video games, sip on something sweet and play with cats and kittens galore. Plus, all the felines are up for adoption (except for resident cat Leo). Children 7 and over are permitted.
- If you’re looking for a family-friendly spot with delicious bites and affordable options, look no further than BIG & little’s! The restaurant offers award-winning fast food — including unique burgers, upscale tacos and loaded hot dogs.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.