UPDATE: Tickets are sold out for this event. Looking for more free things to do with kids in Chicago? Check out our complete list of free events.
The Pier’s Palm Tree Pajama Party takes place on May 17 inside the Crystal Gardens, decked out with twinkling lights and lush greenery. Open to kids ages 6-12, the family-friendly event kicks off at 5:30 p.m. with activities, snacks and music lasting until 8:30 a.m. the next day.
And while you’re already excited that this sleepover is free, check out the complete event schedule filled with so many more fun and free activities for the kids:
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Registration
- 6:45-7 p.m. – Orientation
- 7-9 p.m. – Activities and programming include rock band classes, art making, dance instruction with dance party, free access to pier park activities and other partners on the pier.
- 8:30-10 p.m. – Snack and movie, “Ralph Breaks the Internet,” in Family Pavilion.
- 10-11 p.m. – Set up for sleep/quiet time
- 11 p.m.-7 a.m. – Lights out
- 7-7:30 a.m. – Family yoga
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. – Continental breakfast and pack up
- 8:30 a.m. – End of event (Guest departure)
Other important info: kids must be accompanied by a chaperone over the age of 21 and there must be one adult accompanied by up to three children at all times. Event participants will also be required to sign a waiver form.
While this event is free, you must register online to claim tickets and each family will receive one discounted parking pass as well. So get your tickets before they sell out!
If you go
May 17, registration begins at 5:30 p.m.
Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago
Register online at eventbrite.com.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.