This target sport, which has gained massive popularity in recent years, involves throwing an axe at a target 10 to 12 feet away in an attempt to hit the bull’s-eye — the closer you get to it, the better you score.
Here, we’ve rounded up a list of axe throwing spots in Chicagoland for you to unlock your lumberjack skills at and enjoy an outing with the fam.
- Address: 8580 Springlake Drive, Mokena
- Cost: Contact for details
Wear closed-toe shoes and see if you can hit the bull’s-eye. Must be at least 13 years old to throw. Kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Address: 13717 S. US-30 #105, Plainfield
- Cost: $20-$35/person
The lanes at this spot can fit up to eight axe throwers. Kids must be at least 10 years old to throw.
- Address: 4938 River Road, Schiller Park
- Cost: $21-$25/hour per person
Get a throwing lesson with the axeperts and see how quick you can pick it up. VR is also offered here. Must be at least 10 years old to throw.
- Address: 850 DuPage Ave., Lombard, 178 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove, 4020 Fox Valley Center Drive, Aurora and 14712 South La Grange Road, Orland Park
- Cost: $24.99/hour per person
Must have a minimum of six people in your group to try axe throwing at this spot. Leagues available. Thursday is Ladies Night, Friday is Date Night and Sunday is Family Fun Day.
- Address: 1592 W. Ogden Ave., Naperville
- Cost: $24.95-$49.95
Choose from an hour-long session, 90 minutes or two hours of axe throwing. Training with an expert is included in your price. Four throwers allowed per lane.
- Address: 165 N. Loomis St., Chicago and 2828 N. Clark St., Atrium Level, Chicago
- Cost: $26.98-$41.99
Reserve your spot to try your hand at axe throwing at one of two locations. Leagues are available. Must be at least 18 years old to throw.
Address: 5520 W. 11th St., Unit A, Oak Lawn
The Public Experience option at this spot comes with two reserved targets, an axe throwing coach and one and a half hours of throwing.
- Address: 299 Montgomery Road, Montgomery and 620 Stratford Square, Bloomingdale
- Cost: $17.99-$24.99/person
There’s no minimum group size at this location. Wear closed-toe shoes and enjoy.
- Address: 100 W. Higgins Road, #M30, South Barrington
- Cost: $29.95-$49.95/person (special discounts available)
Every group gets their own personalized music while they throw at this spot. Plus, an axe-throwing coach and professional photoshoot are included in the cost.
- Address: 2525 N. Elston Ave., Chicago
- Cost: Contact for details
This spot offers 14 axe throwing lanes that are caged to ensure safety. Reserve your lane online and be sure to check out its rage room, too.
The escape rooms at this spot are among the top 10 in America, but they also offer axe throwing at each location.
- Address: 623 E. Boughton Road, Suite 150, Bolingbrook
- Cost: $19-$42/per player per hour
Try your hand at axe throwing and archery at this local spot. Adult beverages are available. Must be at least 10 years old to throw.
- Address: 975 Nimco Drive, Unit D, Crystal Lake
- Cost: $20-$30/hour per person
Make a reservation to try your hand at axe throwing. Must be at least 14 years old to participate. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Address: 4302 E. New York St., Aurora
- Cost: $24-$29
There is no minimum group size to throw at this spot, but the limit per lane is seven people. Kids as young as 8 can participate if they are accompanied by an adult.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.