Using Greek Yogurt makes this recipe healthier than usual, and sweetened by chocolate chips.
My son sprayed the loaf pan, squeezed in a splash of lemon juice, shredded the zucchini, held the grater while I shredded more zucchini, and finally decided to rest (thank goodness)! We baked a scrumptious yet healthy treat for everyone enjoy!
- Baking spray (for loaf pan)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- About 2 cups shredded zucchini- 2 big or 3 small zucchinis
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- *a quick squeeze of lemon juice if your child insists
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, yogurt, oil, flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and zucchini. *And a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Gently blend in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the top of bread is golden brown and fork comes out clean from the middle. This delicious bread tastes best when cooled down and even better throughout the week!