Try this refreshing recipe for a perfect summer evening.
- 3 cups diced watermelon
- 1 cup sparkling water
- ½ orange, sliced thin
- 4 to 5 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Crushed ice
Makes 6 servings.
- Puree the watermelon in a blender.
- Pour the puree into a pitcher and mix in the sparklingwater.
- Add the orange and strawberries and let sit until ready toserve.
- Add ice just before serving.
36 calories, 0 fat, 0cholesterol, 0 sodium, 10 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram protein.
Excerpted from 101 Optimal Life Foods by David Grotto, RD, LDNCopyright © 2009 by David Grotto. Excerpted by permission of Bantam, a division of Random House Inc. All rights reserved.